Thread: Walking
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It's a more suburban area so things are spread out more. The stores I do my grocery shopping at usually are like 2-3 miles away, so that would take a while... And I rarely buy just one or two things, so I'd probably buy some heavy stuff that would be an issue on the return trip.

At best, there's a couple gas stations I could walk to if I really wanted that wouldn't take long; one has a place to get food but the stuff off the shelf is kind of over priced. They do hot meals too, but I've always stopped in when coming home from work or whatever.

There's a couple restaurants across from them on the two opposite corners, but I'm not crossing that highway on foot... Nooo no no no.

Other than that, if I really wanted to I could take the cut through path from my road down to my old 4th-5th grade school and hit the Burger King next door. Used to do that sometimes as kids.

I got LOTS of walking in at my last job. That was plenty at that time.
Well 3-4 kilometres is more than a 15 minute walk. Could be up to an hour, especially in a big city where you gotta cross roads and such. And if someone is middle aged or older it could take even longer.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote