View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #36
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's preaching to the choir to say that a rating does not equal a good film. Sausage Party is the most notable example I can think of in that regards.

Even serious movies can have G ratings. Look at Watership Down. A movie like that would probably be PG-13, or even R these days, but in the 70's, it was a G! Rabbits tearing each other to shreds! A seagull dropping the F-bomb, humans gassing and burying warrens with the rabbits still inside so they can use the land. A family picture!

There's some PG-13 violence that I still can't handle to this day. After seeing it the first time, I've never been able to handle watching the Orc Cannibalism scene in The Two Towers. I just...nope myself away.

Then there's the factor of violence not being a required factor for an R-rated film. While it is a factor, violence is not what made Mirage TMNT serious on its own. It was its attempt to study philosophy, racism, PTSD, martial arts, honor, fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...okay that end part is The Princess Bride, but you get my point.

Wanting a TMNT movie that's VIOLENTâ„¢ will not ever make it a good movie, because except for issue #1, that is not what the turtles are about.
EVER.