View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 09:21 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only if you're fictional (or already over 35) is turning 35 a great thing. Will always kinda love that they're living proof, so to speak, that you just never know where success might come from. And that you could be an out-of-left-field bunch of underdog misfits in the superhero genre and people will embrace you in a way like few others. That little joke their creators were toying with and didn't plan on anything big and look what happened.

Left the nest in their 20s (via being sold to Viacom), there have been some good decisions made, some not so great choices, and as often happens to young adults there's still one "parent" trying to have some say in their lives... As they leave behind what for real life people are the "young adult" years, I hope maybe they will be allowed to come into their own a little more and be able to further embrace that their audience isn't just kids and didn't even start out that way.

Having just left it this week, I miss being in the 30s with them and while I don't even want to think of my own age at that point, I look forward to seeing them hit that next milestone age. (But then they get to be older-ish with me, yay.) I envy that it will always be a good thing for them and hopefully they'll far outlive any of us.

Wish we could see them hit 100. Most of us won't make it, but maybe some of the teens and young 20s among us will...provided enough of the mental faculties are still intact to take notice. Otherwise it's down to kids like my nephew and I hope his generation will have taken care of them. (Universe have mercy if 'Rise' has too much impact on their view of them. Teach and guild them, older fans, and show them the true path of TMNT enlightenment.)

And midway through this post the mailman came and I've got the third collected volume of the first series of their existence sitting in a box in my lap, so that's fitting. (And the fact that I almost mistook it for a pizza box while focused on typing... )

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-26-2019 at 09:26 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote