View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Sparvid
Stone Warrior

Stories from the Shell Shock TPB, not already on the list. I don't know which of these were originally printed somewhere else, and if so where. Bold text copied from official site:

---

"Bottoming Out" - A TMNT tale by Kevin Eastman, Jim Lawson, George Hagenaur, Eric Talbot and Steve Lavigne. 4 pages.

The Turtles are in a forest practising with Splinter (basically playing hide and seek, trying to find him). At first, it could be either in Central Park or in Northampton, no buildings are shown. They come across a man passed out on a park bench (so, more likely Central Park). Based on their general attitude towards the training ("I hate this exercise, Splinter always wins", "Remember, we're supposed to find him before he finds us") and a somewhat despaired reaction when they fail to find Splinter, I'd put this fairly early in the timeline. They're wearing the regular bandanas though.

---

"The Treaty" - Usagi Yojimbo and Leonardo team-up by Stan Sakai. 10 pages.

Leonardo is on his way back to April's apartment in New York when he's transported to Usagi's world. He recognizes Usagi from Turtle Soup #1 and Usagi #10, according to the editor's note. Usagi is surprised to hear Leonardo mentioning the existance of his brothers, Splinter, and New York City.

---

"Junkman" - A Donatello story by Michael Dooney. 10 pages.

The Turtles are living in their sewer lair.

---

"New York Ninja" - Donatello solo adventure by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Ryan Brown and Steve Lavigne. 10 pages.

New York. Donatello is hiding from Raphael (damn, they really like hide and seek, don't they?). The loser of the game will have to do the dishes for a week. Do they have running water and dishes in the sewer, or does this mean that they're living at April's?

---

"New Comic Day" - A Michaelangelo tale by Peter Laird, Jim Lawson and Steve Lavigne. 6 pages.

April's apartment. Michaelangelo comes back with a bunch of comics he's bought (umm, how?) and is attacked by the chair before he wakes up from his nightmare. Although, considering the last page shows the chair "really alive" when being alone, it might not be in continuity.

---

"Teen Techno Trio Plus One" - An alternate universe TMNT story by Don Simpson. 9 pages.

Obviously not in continuity.

---

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" - The Turtles retrieve a lost sword by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Ryan Brown and Steve Lavigne. 5 pages.

First chapter in a story which continues in "Quest for Dreams Lost", which appears to feature non-Mirage characters. I don't have that one, but it could be out of continuity. It seems a bit weird for Splinter and two of the Turtles to be in a row boat in a Central Park pond, even if it is in the middle of the night. Pretty hard to stay hidden out there, no matter how much of a ninja you are.

---

"Stompers" - All four Turtles in a gang battle by Kevin Eastman, Michael Dooney and Steve Lavigne. 12 pages.

The Turtles appears to be living in the sewers. Local crime lord to Leonardo: "I've got a few connections in this town - I'm sure the Foot organization has some meaning to you... ninja." Putting this after Vol. 1 #1, right?

---

"Terror by Transmat!" - The TMNT, Fugitoid and Utroms battle the Triceratons by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Ryan Brown and Steve Lavigne. 10 pages.

The Turtles are visiting the Utrom home world and Fugitoid on a separate occasion ("A lot more relaxing than the first time we came here").

---

"O Deed" - Michaelangelo's nightmare by Michael Zulli, Stephen Murphy and Eric Talbot. 6 pages.

As it says: Michaelangelo has a nightmare. He's sleeping in a bed in a room with a window, with Splinter being close enough to enter as soon as Michaelangelo wakes up.

---

"D'Ants Fever" - The TMNT visit a seedy bar filled with aliens by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird and Steve Lavigne. 8 pages.

During #5, after they've been talking to Fugitoid about where they came from. It could technically go before they enter the bar showed in #5 (this story begins with them finding a bar and ends with them about to leave it), but then it seems a bit weird they they are astonished seeing all different alien creatures in the #5 bar, if they've already met a bunch in this story.

---

"Don't Judge a Book..." - The Turtles prepare for a Halloween party but are interrupted by burglars by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. 8 pages.

They're in April's apartment when the burglars break into the Second Time Around. (Burglar who's checking if somebody is home: "Ah... Is Chet there?" )

---

"Not One Word" - Donatello has a bad day by Eric Talbot. 10 pages.

They're living in April's apartment.

---

"Splinter in the Eye of God?" - Splinter contemplates his life by Michael Zulli and Stephen Murphy. 8 pages.

As opposed to the earlier Zulli story, the Turtles look less humanoid here (no teeth, for example). Splinter is meditating in a regular looking room with a door and roof beams, doesn't look "sewer-y".

---

"Night Life" - The Turtles capture some cop killers by Kevin Eastman, Ryan Brown and Steve Lavigne. 6 pages.

"Saved by the shell" - is that one of the earliest shell puns? New York. After a policeman is killed by a gang, the rest of the police sees the Turtles who flee ("I think we finally lost the police - That was close, the closest yet!") At the end one of them (can't see who, but not Leonardo) wonders if they did the right thing, letting the killers live (but capturing them and leaving them to the police to find), and get's the responses "I guess so" and "We did. We had no right to do anything else". I don't know whether or not their stance on killing changed in the early days, and if this helps with the chronology)

---

"It's a Gas" - Mike and Raph get a snoot full of nitrous oxide while trying to prevent a burgalry by Eric Talbot and Steve Lavigne. 6 pages.

New York. The place the burglars break into? "Chet's Medical Supplies"

---

"Meanwhile... 1,000,000 B.C." - Renet and the Turtles have some prehistoric fun by Michael Dooney. 2 pages.

While caught in the past during Tales #7.
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote