View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
This is absolute crap. I'm dying for a 2k3 release and there's no way in hell I'm buying this. I can already see how this will play out - the crappy release won't sell well, they'll take it as a sign that nobody's interested in 2k3 anymore and they won't bother releasing the whole set.
Literally just said the same thing to my wife. It's like, nobody should buy this, because it's crap. The way Nickelodeon *usually* releases its shows, with a few exceptions, is generally crap. Because "it's for kids, and kids don't know/care, they'll watch 3 episodes forever and never get bored, and the parents don't care, they just wanna stick Junior in front on the TV so he'll be quiet, and the parents are the ones paying, so it makes more sense to release multiple 3-episode sets for $10-15 instead of season sets for $30 that they'll think is 'too much' to pay for a kids' show," and all that mess. Disney does the same stupid thing.

But yeah, this is crap, and nobody should buy it, BUT, if nobody does, Nick will inevitably claim "There's no interest", and they'll just sit on it forever. So, we're stuck. Either everyone buys two copies of this insulting trash, or we can forget ever seeing a "proper" release.

Every year, I find more and more reasons why Nick buying TMNT was an awful idea. It's getting really hard to justify at this point. It's great for Nick and lousy for everyone else.

-----------------------------------------

And I'll chime in on behalf of people with less-than-stellar internet connections who don't care about watching TV shows on YouTube. My connection cuts out randomly for indeterminate periods of time. I can't be bothered with that mess.

Really glad I used to haunt Best Buy every three days way back when. They'd only ever have like three copies of the latest TMNT and they'd disappear immediately. I used to get cash tips a lot, and would immediately blow them on DVDs and video games, so I'd always get lucky and get the TMNT ones before they vanished. Once they were gone, I rarely saw them on the shelves again. I was lucky, I only really missed the 2-part Season sets. I don't think anyone had any idea that we'd get so screwed over on future releases. Real shame.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote