View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #707
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
They're not offensive but it's not something you ask a creative online.
Well yeah I was asking what I thought because I'm a fan of the show but it was more out of interest than a demand. If he said I would of been fine. To be fair he does answer TMNT related questions on his FB page when he posts something which is like every two or three weeks. I thought it wouldn't annoy him. Guess I was wrong.

Quote:
And asking him to identify an episode of a TV show seems more like something you check an episode list for or casually ask a friend. If that doesn't work you'd just ask on a forum or something.
Since he posts about the 60s Batman like I said about once a month I didn't think he'd mind to answer. I thought it'd be an easy question for him if he's a fan. Maybe I should have asked a Godzilla question...

Quote:
  • What inspired you to become a writer?
  • What are you working on now?
  • Anything you're proud of?
  • What lead you to work on that show?
  • What's your advice for an aspiring writer?
These are good questions and a couple of these I have asked before but he's ignored them and I'm always polite and approachable in asking something. I always begin with "Hi David how are you..." so I understand manners. But these are good questions to ask someone who isn't David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Here's the thing: You're obviously leaving details out, and those details would be necessary, in order for anyone to make any kind of judgment in your favor. Your story is entirely too vague. I don't even know what "Monetizing you" even means; was he implying that you should be paying him to answer your questions? If so, perhaps you've come on too strong in the past with him, in which case, he may have gently been calling you a pest. I don't know, I wasn't there. But I certainly can't tell from your story so far.
I want to be nice about this because obviously you don't know the whole story but David has known me for like five or six years on FB and he's kind of been generally rude to me in the past. I've never stalked him or pestered him more than any of the others there. David has issues with me due to my politics and thinks I'm an incompetent idiot. He's also unmonetized me (allowed me to see his posts, is monetise not the right word?) to make fun of me on one occasion. It would be easier to annoy him than make him happy. I know he doesn't seem to respond well to people being polite to him, I guess he learns that from his tutor Harlan Ellison. I'm not upset over not getting attention because he has a life away from his fans but I like to be treated the same way I treat others. Whenever I think about his behaviour I still find it hurtful and that's my problem at the end of the day. Never meet your heroes. I personally don't find him approachable which is a shame but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
neatoman's post also makes some good points.
Yeah neatoman's response was really helpful. It's good to be reminded of this stuff. We all need to from time to time.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote