View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #38
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I had the benefit of seeing without any outside opinions influencing me.
So did I.

Quote:
If you've read all the hate before you see it you're already screwed and arent able to enjoy it and view it as the misunderstood gem it really is.
I watched it when it first came out and I didn't have any internet access back then (had never even been on the internet), and had no contact with any other TMNT fan. I watched it excited to have a new TMNT show and was willing to give Venus a chance.

I found it to be terrible.

Not everyone who disagrees with you about a TV show is closed-minded or brainwashed or "on the bandwagon" or whatever you're accusing us of. By most people's standards it just wasn't a good show. If you found enough good about it to like it, by all means, watch it! Enjoy it! Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Quote:
And I don't see how it was poorly produced. Seemed on par with shows at the time.
Well, there were a LOT of poorly produced children's action shows back then. Saban was churning them out by the truckload in the late '90s, and not all of them even had the benefit of a superior Japanese counterpart to borrow designs and action footage from.

Quote:
And on the plastron comment. She preaches equality and is saying a stromg female character added to the franchise is/was a bad idea.
She was a female character, but not many would consider her a "strong" one. I would say she was background scenery at best and a "Mary-sue" at worst. A decent rendition of April or Karai would have been better, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler
I don't. The damage it left on the franchise was WAY smaller than the one the Bay movies have done on it. Your average Joe doesn't even remember what the TNM or might not even know about it. Plus it came out at a time where the TMNT popularity was pretty much dead.
I have noticed the hate has softened lately. I think it was hated more when it seemed like it was the "last word" on the franchise. Now that we've known for over a decade that NM isn't going to be the last TMNT thing ever, and had no lasting damage on TMNT as a whole, most people still aren't going to like it, but will realize it's presence in TMNT history is fairly harmless.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote