View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Ratings still matter a ton but also remember TMNT is not just a cartoon and the toys are going to make Viacom plenty of money.

The Legend of Korra scored 4.548 million on it's premiere back in Spring but is there any question which action franchise will make Viacom more money?

And going by what I found for ratings of the 2003 series Nick's series looks to be starting off with much higher ratings considering that pulled in a mere 343,000ish boys 9-14 and likely only about 1 million total viewers on network television. I expect it got over a million total viewers at some point maybe 2 million but probably not 3 million on FOX, The CW or Cartoon Network at any point.

Nearly 4 million viewers is a promising start. Television is a very different beast these days so 7 million would have been incredibly difficult to get. I believe the Phineas and Ferb movie got that but it was a rare case.

Without a doubt TMNT claimed the top ratings for similar programs. It obliterated DC Nation, Star Wars and Ben 10 on Cartoon Network much less anything on Disney XD. The Turtles just came back to show those Lego's, Naruto and Randy Cunningham what a real ninja can do.

And yes I'd say they're satisfied with the results. We just got 26 more episodes ordered!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-cable/151241/

Last edited by Ninja Tiptup; 10-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote