View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It kinda makes me wonder how OOTS wouldve been if Shredder, Karai and Baxter were removed entirely and it was just Krang on earth commanding Bebop and Rocksteady.
Hmm... I dunno, Bebop and Rocksteady are generally Shredder's lackeys, so they sort of still need him, imo. But I wish the film had revolved more around Krang's doings.

Technically, this is an alien invasion film... but how many alien invasion movies exist where everything is resolved before anything bad actually happens? I mean, at least bring some destruction to the city and/or world first. Give the Turtles a verified evil thing to stop and save the day, for which the citizens are grateful for the unknown heroes.

As it stands, they can't report on who got rid of it or how, so what does the average citizen know? "There was a weird thing in the sky... then by dinner it was gone." They wouldn't even know if it was actually dangerous to them, even if likely assumed.

edit: Actually the film seems to span at least three days (in which no one seems to ever sleep and some never change clothing), so I take that back. But still.. three or more days and the object in the sky causes no actual harm. (edit: Wait, it doesn't show up until the last, right? It's such a mess I can't even remember now. lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Man, Karai has had a really, really rough time on the big screen. Three movies in a row she's been maligned.

2007, she gets smacked around and knocked out by April ****ing O'Neil. 2014 she does a whole lot of nothing, then "dies" in a truck collision on a mountain. 2016, it sounds like she de-ages 15 years and just does the whole lot of nothing part this time out? Damn.

I feel very bad for Minae Noji. Beautiful, beautiful woman and a picture perfect Karai. She was wasted on TMNT 2014.
Seriously a shame. She did a lot more in 2014 if that tells you anything. 2016... if I recall correctly, there is one tiny fight scene where she is immediately taken out with a chair. >.> Seems she was not only de-aged, but de-skilled.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote