Thread: VR Gaming
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How am I exactly wrong?
Mobile revenues keep growing and are outdoing console revenues.

Now you use the term take over which I never used, what exactly do you mean by that? That it'll completely eliminate console gaming? Of course not, that's not going to happen for many years but it will. Console gaming is not growing, it's actually shrinking and it'll continue to shrink.

Now I know as a gamer you might want to take this personal, but it's not. It's just business, I have nothing against console gaming, I love it. Will console gaming ever really seize to exist? I doubt it, it'll always be a niche, but it's foolish to imply that I'm wrong when we can see where the trends are going.

VR is not going to "take over" console gaming either, but it'll be something people are going to be using for a lot of things besides gaming. You might not like VR or mobile gaming but that's fine, it doesn't mean that mobile isn't growing and console gaming shrinking.

If you were to ask "will PS VR replace console gaming this gen?" Then yeah the answer is a big no but It's not even something unprecedented to say that console gaming as we know it today is dying. Talk to any analyst, talk to me about it, I get paid for a living for pointing out trends that I see in the market, I'm not an armchair analyst.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote