View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I'm sure the mods can confirm or deny this theory. I'd hate to have to accuse you of 'autism' ;o). despite the fact that every modern iteration gets compared to the original after 30 years.....

Maybe the reason no one talks about it much anymore, is because we've pretty much talked about everything associated with it by now to death. all that's left is 'get a life' territory talk.

But I find it's mostly fans of the newer stuff, or original Mirage fans that like to trash the 80s show. and like it or not...that show did save some people's lives...because it helped cheer them up during a bad childhood, or helped them recover during a disease... you don't hear stories like that about the more modern series..
"Trashing" seems a little harsh as well, the flaws of the show are fairly evident. You can still make an argument for why it's bad without "trashing it". Here's a few:
  • The animation cut too many corners.
  • The writing is full of plotholes.
  • Episodes are too formulaic.
  • It's a poor adaptation.
None of these are really unfair because you can still argue such points without nitpicking.

As for the stories you mentioned, it's not that I don't believe they're true, I don't think it's a valid argument in regards to the quality. They're just an appeal to emotion. It's like yeah, cool that you had some fun watching it as a kid, it doesn't really change that it's full of bad writing and production errors.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote