Thread: [Fan Art] Mostly Utroms
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's been a while since a post, but I think I will go Professor Obligado themed here. Because Obligado is great.

Some of these are from last November, and I ended up switching his color because it wasn't quite "right" with him...or Xeinos for that matter, who I depict as his daughter.

This first one is a depiction of seeing his mother and father while his memories were being preserved, and is on my list of things to be redone.
Obligado (and his father) have been switched to a gray-green color.
Spoiler:

They clearly have an awful taste in design.

I like to think that Obligado had siblings, and that he was the oldest of them. He was a pretty awesome older brother. The kind that would help to make science fair projects and make them bad@$$. But for the most part, was a reliable babysitter.
Spoiler:

A page of sketches, in red ink because that was the only pen I had at the time. I was experimenting with Nalmar, his companion earlier in his adventuring career, who was also Xeinos' mother. I worked with two different ideas, one where they never had a child, and one with Xeinos. I loved the idea of Xeinos being his daughter so much that I went with that one.
Spoiler:

Nalmar is basically a hippie; I've coined "Primalist" as an Utrom version of it. She introduced him to a lot of the narcotics he enjoys. She also preceded Obligado in death decades before The Grape, having contracted a virus that is basically if Parkinson's and Hypermalaria (from Futurama) had a really ugly baby.

This is linked to my deviantART because I'm not sure if it's okay for the forum (mostly for blood?), plus there's a story attached.
I'll link this one too, since I'm not sure what the consensus on some of the material is here either. It's the point where I switched Obligado's color.

This is more recent, and more exploration of his childhood.
Spoiler:

It's based on what I could grasp on how Obligado was remembering his parents. He was wistful seeing his mother and laughing when seeing his father. So from there, I'm thinking that his mother was comforting and his father was "fun". Father encouraged his exploration and let him do whatever; his mother knew it was useless to interfere and stop them, so she tried to advise caution. If things turned out bad, she would step in, fix up scratches, and confirm that he learned his lesson.

And finally, totally not involved with Valentines tomorrow, another snapshot of one of his adventures with Nalmar...who I've considered at this point to be about 6-10 years younger than him. Young enough to be one of his students or a novice instructor, but not young enough to be mistaken for his being his daughter.
Spoiler:

During one of their expeditions on a two-mooned planet, they stopped to enjoy the sky...and have most likely gotten really, really high. Nalmar in particular, the hippie that she is.

That's about it for now; I might do some redraws and load them here at some point.