View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #2000
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I feel ya Chris. It seems like rather than learning something from all this, Mondo are kind of just throwing a band-aid on it all and trying to eek by on the remainder of the releases just to put it all behind them. I'm seriously doubtful we'll even get a Wave 2. With all the negative feedback they've gotten on these and the loads of returns and replacements noted that accompany that drama, they won't even bother I'm guessing. They'd probably get no where near the same amount of orders up front on more of this line, if they got them at all.

And the more I really look at Donnie and Mikey vs. Leo, there's an undeniable quality difference in them, and it honestly doesn't favor the first 2 being "better" or "improved." The overall finishing work on Leo seems much more in line with what one would expect for $150 figure. Paint is nicer, finish seems more professional and less sloppy IMO. Donnie and Mikey feel more like steps down on the whole. It really hit me looking at all 3 of them together last night. And that's unfortunate. These were supposed to get better, not worse lol. But here we are.

My Donnie was ok overall but the finishing work seemed less refined and polished than on Leo. And the "rubber head improvement" so many are praising on Mikey is honestly a huge step down in quality to me. Does it pop on and off much easier? Absolutely. Will it turn to crap down the road as time erodes the material? Again, absolutely. And my first Mikey had TERRIBLE tiny rubber flash across the seam lines on both heads. It's better on the replacement I got, but still kinda there. Just sucks. I wish they'd just stayed with the plastic heads. Ultimately Mikey and Raph will turn to crud over time while Donnie and Leo will hold up.

The more I contemplate all of this now, the more tempted I truly am to send them all back like Coro did and just get a refund on the whole mess.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote