View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #2156
Leo656
The Franchise

Not about a "recent purchase", exactly, but I did finally come across the giant box containing the remaining 2/3s of my DC Direct figures that I couldn't find last year when I was going through the stuff in storage. So that's neat.

Most of them are still in near-perfect condition, which is great, but a few of them have some pretty loose joints. That was always a big problem with their stuff, back in the day. I don't have a lot of the newer stuff from them/DC Collectibles, but I remember that they started getting better about that after a while. I've got about 150 figures, most of them from between 2005 and 2008, although I've since picked up a couple here and there that are both older and newer. Hard to believe that they've been coming out with stuff since back in 1998; we take for granted how many toys are out there nowadays, but back then DC Direct was almost your only option if you wanted a DC character based on anyone except Batman. I still remember getting so excited to see a lot of characters getting their first-ever toy from DC Direct, back when they mainly did more obscure characters and only put out Silver Age versions of the "classic" ones like Batman and Superman. It was also neat to see the line evolve and improve over such a long time.

They could definitely be a little more playable and a lot of the women just suck at standing up, but I still mark out for how they represented all the different art styles and all the famous comic book angles. It's neat to have like dozens of Superman figures and so much uniqueness between them.

I really like Mattel's DC stuff, too, but I only have a few of those.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote