View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
Like others have mentioned, I usually go camping as well. I actually go quite often, over the weekends and what not. The Pacific Northwest is like a camper's and hiker's paradise...so many beautiful areas to see! My boyfriend and I find that tent camping is also very affordable for us, and it allows us to explore and travel. We're also very outdoorsy and we have a crap ton of gear and multiple tents! Oneday when we can afford it, we'd like to get a camper, or at least get a VW Westfalia or camper van of some sort, but we'd probably still use our tents too.

We go to our usual spots but also try to hit areas we've never been to. Let's see...this summer sofar we've camped twice by Hood Canal, then we camped at Bumping Lake twice (by Mt Rainier), last week we camped overnight on the Pacific Coast, and then next month we'll be doing our BIG summer camping trip that we do every year, and we'll be going to Idaho near Hells Canyon! Looking forward to that! Never been to Hells Canyon or explored enough of Idaho. Even Oregon we've only seen so much of, mostly the coast, and also Crater Lake. Last year we took our big summer trip down to northern California and did some coast camping, forest camping, and even camped along the Oregon Dunes on the way back up to Seattle.

It is fun to camp if you don't mind doing without some modern conveniences (although we have a bit of a workaround with that), and have an adventurous side. But it's not for everyone, as I see some people posting about. I like Jim Gaffigan's take on it, as he's also a non-camper, lol!

Tell me you guys are taking a gun with you on these deep camping trips.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote