View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Oh tough choice, let's see now, I like the Mirage design, the 4kids design, the IDW design and the Nickelodeon design.

I don't like the FW design, the movie designs or the Next Mutation design. The FW design looks a bit uninspired, the movie design looks like a bobble-head, Super-Shredder seems cool at first but I don't know and the Next Mutation suit just seemed so cheap.

Back to the ones I like:

The Mirage design was simple but the glowing eyes really sell it.

The 4kids design, well there are four but let's begin with Utrom Shredder and assume that's what people mean, the full metal armor and red eyes imples power and fierceness while the sash gives him a sense of style. Karai Shreddder is the same just with a feminine shape, the Demon Shredder just badass with that tattered cape but is otherwise too similar to the Utrom Shredder except for the colors, Cyber Shredder was prett garrish to look at but servicable.

The IDW suit is not very heavy on the metal, a lot more cloth but I really admire that since it does enforce the important idea that he's a NINJA and NOT A SAMURAI. The black and red is a classic villain color scheme at this point and I will admit that it works a lot better than purple or blue, you might call it a cliché but I still enjoy those colors.

The Nickelodeon design I will admit, is the weakest one of the ones I like, it goes back to being primarily purple, the gauntlets/ankle pads (?) seem too big and clunky for my tastes and I don't like the design on the helmet for some reason. However, like with the IDW design, I do enjoy that he mostly wears cloth instead of armor (even if it's a bit undermined by the gauntlets) and the burn marks are neat.

So really it comes down to the 4Kids and IDW designs. Hmmm, well I really do enjoy that IDW Shredder actually reminds me of a Ninja instead of a samurai and as much I love red eyes, fierce armor and gorgeous sashes, it's still more important for an artist to convey their ideas properly...

IDW shredder it is, simply for looking more like a ninja than he does a samurai.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote