View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Character arcs? You were expecting serialisation? Is this Lost? Probably for the best it isn't...

Some characters like Splinter pretty much stay the same all the way through however some change.

Leo - starts as a overconfident but becomes insecure as the series goes on yet it proves to himself he's not perfect.

Raph - starts off as a joker who doesn't care much but by the end of the show he becomes serious about what's going on

Don - not much change. Don's inventions became much more reliable and less reckless as the series went on. He also questioned his heritage more.

Mike - over time matures and becomes more used to his environment and it's challenges.

Shredder/Krang - start out hating and trying to get one over each other. By the end of the series becomes frenemies.

Bebop/Rocksteady - get more used to being mutants.

Baxter - unfortunately his memory deteriorates with every returning encounter. Poor guy.

April - starts off looking for a hot story but by helping the TMNT realises she can help save the world, by the end of the series she's pretty much independent of even the TMNT.

There's probably more. Andrew not sure if you're trying to troll, I'll let the mods decide but if you have it's failed as the above shows there was actual character arcs.

So you really didn't watch the series did you? I see...

What I'm worried about is you gave this more serious thought that Andrew probably expected i.e. you took it seriously but kudos for doing so.

Agree with all of this. Splinter had his arc too though. As others mentioned, he started out wishing to be human again, but eventually became content with his new existance and overcame Rat King's control.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote