View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:37 AM   #2237
Leo656
The Franchise

A couple of things came in the mail today. I got a great deal on some cheap figures, as usual. Specifically, some of the WCW figures from Original San Francisco Toymakers, who had the license from 1995 through 1998 before Toy Biz picked it up. Their figures objectively were not fantastic, but they're a fun bit of history and they did get better as they went along. There also aren't that many of them, so I figured I'd start filling in a few holes here and there as the opportunity came up.

First up, one of the few Hogan figures I somehow missed from that line. I really wasn't collecting these all that religiously at the time since as I said, they weren't really stellar, but I always at least try to get every Hogan I come across. I'unno what happened, but anyway, I finally found one at a reasonable price:
Spoiler:

This was from their 6-inch line towards the end. For the first few years they did big rubber figures with no articulation, similar to the old WWF LJN figures from the 80s. Then they did a very short line of figures that had extremely limited articulation, but were more infamous than anything for their bizarre "vibrating" feature. Then they came out with this series, which were a bit smaller, but had a bit more articulation as well as push-button action features. Still not great, but better than what had come before, certainly.

Next up, a set that I completely missed when they were fresh, also from OSFT, the Hollywood Hogan/Scott Steiner two-pack:
Spoiler:

These were in 4-inch scale with limited articulation (but slightly more than the larger figures). I believe all of the characters were released individually, but most if not all of them were also released in these two-packs. Sting and Kevin Nash on single cards were the only ones I had so far from this particular set. They really didn't make very many different characters so it's not a really difficult line to collect.

Wrestling figures have certainly come a long way since 1997. I do look forward to collecting the rest of these, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote