View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I can live with that explanation okay, but it seems to me that all of the non-heroes (Hob, Alopex, and Koya especially) all strongly identify with their former animal self. STRONGLY: Koya used to be Shredder's pet, Alopex goes into a murderous rage against Shredder when he kills her fox family and burns down the forest, and Hob still holding a grudge against the family that threw him out into the snow to die.

Whereas, the Turtles and Splinter NEVER reflect on their animal past; only ever on their past human lives.
What caught my eye about your original post was the question of these other mutants' proficiency at various skills that they would have no way of knowing or learning as their animal selves. Well, maybe it's all subconscious, but it definitely doesn't mean they haven't been reincarnated.

It's not like the Turtles themselves only started ninja-ing and/or feeling like Splinter's sons when they were told they had been just that in a previous life... So the basics are there, but they won't know until they're told. Maybe Herman was around for the Civil War in his previous life. Maybe Hob used to be a Cold War or 40's double agent, he certainly has the noir look down in City Fall. Maybe Mondo was alive as a human back in the 90's. Maybe Koya was a Foot Clan lieutenant. Maybe Alopex was originally an Alaskan resident (and at least in her case, I'm pretty sure she had training post-mutation). A lot of maybes.

My point, in case I'm not being as clear as it sounds in my head because it's late here and I'm tired, is that the mutants only remember their lives as animals because they don't even know there was something else before that. Splinter did because of the serum. The Turtles do because he told them (and they had a hard time believing, too). The others haven't been around long enough, or we haven't had a sufficiently good look at their characters - not as good as we've had at the Turtles and Splinter at any rate - to know for sure.

Time will tell, I guess. Sorry for the rant.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote