View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #72
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
This question is very familiar to me... did you send it in to Ninja Notes? If so, I think I answer it in an upcoming issue!

But to keep you from waiting: While Hob took Slash in, he's not the nicest of guys. So Mikey was the first person to show Slash any sort of kindness in his entire life, when he offered Slash a candy bar during City Fall. This made a big impression on Slash's then-mental-state, that carried over to his full intelligence. Basically, I think Slash was exposed to a lot terrible things early on in his life, so when he sees the Turtles (other creatures like himself) do good and strive to be good, it makes a big impression and he considers them heroes.

Good question, thanks!
Yes I did ask this via Ninja Notes. I just really love Mikey and Slash's relationship, it is just so genuinely good and sweet (no pun intended). I love their interactions together (hence why I've been enjoying the current story arc so much).

To be honest this is what I assumed had happened, but getting some confirmation is always awesome.

Thank you for answering my question (twice ), and I look forward to seeing what happens next with these characters!

Also, Sophie Campbell doing a TMNT Holiday special? Yes, yes, and yes!!!
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote