View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 08:06 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
One of my favorite things about this franchise, is how EVERY decision ever made in its history from a character design standpoint was from a place of, "Well, this merely looks cool!" with absolutely zero thought put in beyond that... because they assume it's only gonna be viewed by young children who don't know or care.

BUT meanwhile, the real audience is a bunch of hyper-analytical types prone to chronic over-thinking who desperately want everything to make logical sense.

Not saying the fans are the ones at fault in that scenario, mind you. I like that people are thinkin'! I just can't help but enjoy the constant disconnect between an audience who cares "too much" and developers who care "not at all".

Like you just know that they see questions like this and just roll their eyes, because they put all of two seconds' thought into it and never expected anyone to second-guess it. They have no idea who their own audience is, and that's kinda funny sometimes.
This is why April Derp is one of my favorite designs of anything ever, with Mega Shredder as a close second. They didn't care about logistics and were like "what is the most fked up thing we can get away with here?"