View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #34
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
you were smart to drop both Batman & Detective when you did!
i sure wish that i had. it'd saved me the trouble of having to sell them all after the Pyew52 had concluded.

the Snyder/Capullo stuff is WAY overrated!!!
the first 11 issues are good, but far from something i want to continue to read over and over.
and the art was the only real selling point as far as i'm concerned.
the writing got quite painful at times! and it only got worse during the 'Zero Year' 'Endgame' and 'Super Heavy' arcs!!!
quite painful!!!
pages upon pages of Turd-loads of exposition, and rambling run-on dialog.

now the way things have been going, i just can't get excited for anything new from Riddler, Batgirl OR Nightwing for that matter.

their characteristics have been swapped out for 'hipper' 'edgier' versions of themselves.

well except Nightwing though.
i'm not sure how this new writer is, but Tim Seeley was just writing one of the dullest Nightwing series i've ever read.

any writer that had anything to do with the 'Batman Eternal' and/or 'Batman & Robin Eternal' series needs to vacate Gotham immediately!!!
Batgirl vs Riddler from the animated run, Batman & Robin Adventures 21 (of 25).

That is the only time the two characters interacted. I recommend it!

Being two of my four favorite Gothamites it is worth the anticipation.

I bought the current Nightwing volume #15-20. I have yet to get to it,but have it on my waiting to read list. It looked like echoes of the Morrison run.

I have read through issue 8 of Secret War at the moment. Its an interesting read and a good look at the wider Marvel line at that time. I stick almost exclusive to Spider-Man in that company so its a bit of a different read.