Thread: Worst OT game?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0pia75 View Post
The NES game isn't THAT bad IMO. Yes, it does have its' flaws, some extremely more glaring than others, and it does suffer from some cheap difficulty, but when you look at the bigger picture it's a fairly solid and fun action-adventure game. Maybe if all of the kinks and flaws had been ironed out, it'd be far more well-received than it is now.
Now, the ports on the other hand...those abominations couldn't have been salvaged from the word "go".
it was definitely na ambitious game for its time. And as I said, the concept was great. But the execution was bad. No wonder pretty much every Turtle game since then has been a beat 'em up or a fighting game.

I don't even find TMNT NES that enjoyable. I honestly gave up on trying to beat that game.

Can't call the game a failure, however. I mean, it did sell 4M units. Afaik, it still is the highest selling TMNT game of all time. And it was like, the 6th or 7th highest selling NES game? Pretty much everyone who had a NES had that game at some point or another.

The game is not terrible, just mediocre. Its reputation got WAY worse thanks to that AVGN review that came out a decade ago. Before that, people just said it was an average game with a very high difficulty level and some issues. Then people started to trash it calling it "one of the worst games ever". But lately, people have become more rational about it again.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote