View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #86
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Pete is a non-factor, Hob is nothing to write home about in hand-to-hand but probably the most dangerous of the bunch due to sheer ruthlessness and tactics, Mondo isn't much of a fighter, Sally is just a "normal" mutant who shouldn't be much more dangerous than Karai (and Leo regularly one-shots Kara), Seymour I'm on the fence about but he wouldn't be anythng the Turtles haven't faced before... And so that leaves us with Ray and Hob as the only real tactical threats, and Herman as the only real physical threat. Funny thing about hermit crabs in a square "shell", though: flip them on their back and they're pretty much neutralized. I'm sure Donnie could figure out and arrange for that. Even funnier thing, his weapon of choice works great for flipping enemies over... Also consider the fact that Hob and Herman wouldn't open fire while their teammates engage the Turtles in hand-to-hand, lessening their odds even further.
Good point about Leo and Karai, but I think that pitting some of these mutants against one another is a bit of a rock-paper-scissors type scenario.

Like Bebop and Rocksteady have been portrayed as nigh unstoppable, against the Turtles and all the Mutanimals, but then we've seen Karai incapacitate them in the blink of an eye. And we've seen Karai be taken out by Leo in a few effortless, almost lazy-looking moves. Shredder has been portrayed as a nearly unbeatable opponent, even when it's four against one, but Krang defeated Shredder in one-on-one combat, and we've seen the Turtles work together to take down Krang.

So really all I'm saying is, the results of all these hypothetical fights are totally situational, which is as it should be. I like that no one character has a power level over 9000
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote