View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
WhitefinDolphin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I really hope he's not a villain. The turtles need more allies! Right now all they've got (besides Splinter and April) is Metalhead (who isn't even a living thing) and Leatherhead. I'm not sure if Newtralizer will be a villain or ally so that's why I didn't mention him.

I really can't see Tim raging against the turtles, especially since Donnie made him that body! If he is going to be a villain then I hope we don't see him much.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

I'm thinking Timothy's character may develop more over the next season. As much as Timothy comes across as a nuisance to the Turtles, there's some subtle elements of fate throughout Timothy's role so far.

In the beginning while Timothy was in the lair with the turtles, Donnie could've just told him to go away, or he could've left Timothy to fend for himself. It seems a little strange that Donatello took some of his time in the first place to try to train, help, and rescue Timothy after all the trouble he put the turtles through. It was pity that made Donnie feel like he should give Timothy some help and mentoring.

Now after Timothy's mistake, pity played another part in the scene where Donnie stated they weren't going to leave him there to blow up with the building. Since Donnie accepted Timothy as his responsibility, I don't believe Donnie is going to give up on Timothy as his potential pupil and possible friend. Perhaps Timothy has never had anyone with enough patience?

Now, in reference to his appearance in the Casey Jones Trailer (http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/07/19/...-jones-trailer), I'm doubting that he was attacking April. In fact, what if Timothy becomes like Donatello's sidekick? Perhaps Timothy was told to watch over April and protect her?

I'd be surprised if Nickelodeon has plans to make him into a future villain, since Donnie's grown an attachment to his misunderstood pupil. Whatever Nickelodeon decides for Timothy, I'm sure I'm going to like it. Totally stoked on his mutation abilities as Mutagen Man!
WhitefinDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote