Thread: Batman/TMNT 2
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 03:10 AM   #51
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just looked at the other pages teased there. Two things:

1. Getting a major PD vibe from the page with the Turtles on hoverboards and Donnie in almost full PD gear with holographic gizmos.

2. The page with Bane in front of the Foot. The artwork is great but man... I really dislike seeing Bane in gigantaur mode. They did it in Batman & Robin and they did it in the Arkham games. He's not supposed to be some hulking, giant monster of a man, even on venom, though I can understand the visual appeal. Here is Bane:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...c/Bane_pic.jpg

A big dude, sure, and his muscles get a bit bigger with venom, but not some kind of Hulk. Though he looks like this right now in DC, as he is currently appearing in "Bane: Conquest," the maxi-series by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan, his creators:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/wp...w=588&zc=1&a=t

I really hope that this Batman/TMNT story is written with care to Bane. He isn't evil and he doesn't have any evil agenda. In later years he's even teamed up with Batman and gone on adventures together. Right now he's busy traveling across the whole world, breaking up mobster groups everywhere to bring them into order and it's even above board with Batman.

If Bane just pops into the IDW TMNT dimension like, "RAHHH, I want to invade this new city and take it over because I'm a bad guy and I like to BREAK people!" well... that's completely the antithesis who Bane is and what he's about.
I honestly don't think I've ever read any Bane-centric storylines, I'm sure they're good but I don't collect that much Batman and the library where I read most Batman never seemed to have those stories.

It seems to me that all Bane does in TAS and those direct to DVD movies is talk about he wants to break Batman but never actually doing it. Not saying that the character is nothing but a spine trauma fetishist, just that it's pretty much all I've seen of him. I get that Knightfall is the big Bane story but that seems to be the only thing about Bane most adaptations seems to reference, it would be like having the Green Goblin pretty much only talk about how he threw Gwen off the bridge.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote