View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #92
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Here's the thing folks, removing one or two people isn't going to change the climate of this board. Updating the software isn't going to change the climate of this board. Locking the Forum to one or two topics, like a music teacher removing bars from a xylophone, isn't going to change the climate of this board.

Actually acting like a community, and respecting the boundaries of the members of that Community, is the only thing that's going to stop the infighting. This means not purposely egging people on because you think it's fun, not going out of your way to use Buzz words and terminology cuz it makes you feel cool, and actually standing Down When someone tells you you've gone too far..

And there's not a moderation banhammer in the world that can do that.

So maybe it's time we actually listen to the mods, and police our own goddamn Behavior.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Don't like a thread, don't post in it.
Or, if you are like me and see some forms of silence as complicity, raise your objections once and then move on.

If you can't respect the other members of the board, or yourself, at least respect the mods.

Change is the only constant, and it's time to change.
Actually you'd be surprised how removing one or two off-key bars from a xylophone (and replacing with one or two new bars that can work in harmony with the rest of the bars) can dramatically improve the overall atmosphere of a musical piece, because everytime these off-key bars make noise, the end result is jarring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
If a few of these people would get pruned from here, I think you'd find it would be alot less infighting and things would be at least a little marginally happier.

I reported one thread three times this week, because it's just there to cause trouble, and it's still there. -edit just noticed it finally got locked. but why keep it up at all? and why is the person who started it not banned when it clearly looks like they arn't going to be a good member of the community?
That's why I mentioned earlier to look at the Disintegrator Unit subforum and other locked threads, it becomes evident who the individuals are that perpetually antagonize other members here.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote