View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #1079
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
You're right, Sacks and Shredder don't care about her. Not after she leads them to the turtles. They need the turtles for their plan, not her.

There's a hint of her emotions toward her father when she's watching the old videos but that's yet another element this movie just throws out there and doesn't do much of anything with. The Amazing Spider-Man was somewhat guilty of that as well but you at least got to see Peter bitter about the whole ordeal with his parents and Aunt May gripping with burden of thinking Richard Parker did something deplorable. You do not get any of that kind of emotional interest here.

This movie introduces a lot of ideas and does not flesh them out. It was neat to hear Sacks grew up in Japan, how about you do something with that? Why is he Shredder's pupil? We apparently do not need to know that either. There is probably a very obvious reason why those elements of the story feel incomplete and I think we all know what it is.

They kept the story simple. That's fine. But give the audience more of a reason to care and even a simple story can resonate well.
I like the movie very much but it's not perfect. I did a top 10 list in another thread, and I have it as the 10th best movie of the year.

My biggest gripe with the movie is that it's too fast, it's too short. There are a lot of things they could have fleshed out and didn't because they wanted to make it short. I still understood the plot and it wasn't confusing to me, so that's why I just don't completely believe people who claim it was a disaster.

I think what they left in, creates a unique bond between April and the Turtles who historically get in a lot of trouble together, and now that they have a close bond, it will mean something if she REALLY gets in trouble next film.

I hope in the next one Sacks kidnaps her and threatens to mutate her or something like that, forcing the Turtles to fight Shredder and hopefully some mutants we want from da past. I would kind of like it to get back to the 1990 scale of a secret war between the Foot and the Turtles, and not so much a plot to destroy the city.