View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #20
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
I actually just finished watching the miniseries about 5 minutes ago (it killed about an hour and a half).

THe first episode was very good, IMO. A great intro to all the characters. Splinter's exile from the Foot, though funny, was just plain silly. "Throw the bum out!"

But all the humour hit right on target and the action sequences were surprisingly well-choriographed. Toei was probably the best animations tudio in the 80's. They did practically EVERYTHING. Transformers, GI Joe, Real Ghostbusters, Tranzor Z, Gaiking and the list goes on.

I was also surprised by the violence of the miniseries. Much more violent then the later episodes.

I point to the scene where the TMNT are fighting the Foot Soldiers on the roof of the security building. At the point they were not aware that the soldiers were robots yet Leonardo goes for the kill with his sword. He hacks open his enemy's chest. THEN they find out that they're robots. I dunno, it sort of surprised me.

All in all the episode was a classic, the roof-top battle possibly being the best fight in the entire miniseries for the choreography, the quality animation and the direction overall.
Yes, this why the first season will always remain the best in the series. Action is better, animation is WAY better and so is the story. It has lot's of comedy in it, but the format is still more adventure and action than comedy. But gradually the show changed more and more to comedy, untill there was nothing left of the first season, except the Voice actors.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote