View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #25
rocklobster13
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
I've done a ton of legwork toward an archive of this strip- gocomics, contact with Berger & others, scanned from Comics Revues, scoured the wayback machine, flickr, and got some assists from folks here... then I hit the point in the last 1.5-2 years of the strip where no source presents itself and kind of lost steam.

I'll see if I can dust off the corner of my hard drive the project's in-- ah, found the last progress note I took:
TMNT Strip Archive is missing 344 weekday strips:
52 weekday strips for 1993
84 weekday strips for 1995
208 weekday strips for 1996

At some point early on the weekend strips became little more than fan art and eco-friendly Turtle Tips so I didn't rate those as crucial for the project so they aren't in the count, but have many of those and obviously all available should be included to assemble as complete an archive as manageable.
I've been compiling as many as I can find...I suspect that most of the sources that I've found are the same ones you have used in the past, as I've had very similar luck. Regardless, I would be interested to see what you've dug up.

I haven't counted exactly, but I'm missing (excluding the weekend strips): 1 from 92, about 50ish from 93, 2 from 94, 100ish from 95, and a bunch from 96, probably about 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yeah, I think I have some of those weekend ones- and IIRC, they also contained puzzles and games. I'll have to hunt them down, but they should still be in the old scrapbook I made back then.
It would be fantastic if you would be willing to share this stuff. I haven't been able to find many of the weekend ones, and the collector in me would love to get them, even if they are mostly puzzles and fan-art and whatnot.
rocklobster13 is offline   Reply With Quote