Thread: Public speaking
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
What if some people have a professional teacher mode and a slightly more relaxed off the job mode?

Or if someone's area or style of teaching relies far more on their speaking and presentation skills than writing skills, I don't imagine everyone necessarily has to write absolutely perfectly like a college English professor, esp off the job.

MikeandRaph87, your classes sound fun. Wish I'd had classes like that.
Quite astute of you. It is true. I am as I said quite the introvert and relaxed yet in the job I am demanding and one to reach to gain interest. Is Cubed really Cubed 24/7/365 on and offline?

So we had to learn Spinning Jinny and Flying Shuttle in the Industrial Revolution. To help differentiate similar inventions I create phrases. John Kay Flying ShuttleCloth. Also, LeatherHead Swims as an acroymn for leather Hargraves, and Spinning Jinny. About 1/3rd of the groups knows who he is so it works. Yes,I made it work so Leatherhead helps 16 year olds learn European History. The Industrial Revolution and Imperialism examples are just two examples of the classroom in European History.