View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #1546
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Apparently it is. Kaiyodo couldn't do it, Bandai have fizzled out and Playmates shat themselves by not releasing Shredder & Krang and just went for more Turtle variants. Seems like only NECA can pull their thumb out of their ass and actually make more figures then just the Turtles, they're slow due to con exclusive restrictions but we've gotten a lot from them and more is coming.

Some of the biggest crimes is that we'll never see a SHF April and Rvoltech Foot, Karai & Shredder
Preach! RevolTech wave 2 would have been a dream for me.

On one hand I get the import lines not taking off as they are expensive (quality is worth it though). But the domestic (US) license is a mess. It really has to be one of the most mishandled licenses at this point. TMNT is practically begging for a Marvel Legends style collectors line - a solid line (aim at collectors but not too high end) at a reasonable price point sold at retail and covering all the major and supporting characters. NECA have done amazing work with their Mirage and OT figures but to anyone living outside the US the cost is obscene due to the convention exclusive limitations forced on them by the license.

Does anyone actually know how long Playmates has the license for and when it's up for renewal? I'm kinda hoping that with the end of the current show and the start of a new one Nick/Viacom can renegotiate a little so the contract isn't so iron clad. Maybe give Playmates exclusive rights to the new show but then allow someone else (NECA, Hasbro, whoever) rights to do a collector series based on older media.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote