View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Something that I brought up earlier in the thread got me thinking during a reread of this issue: Stockman didn't seem fazed by Slash's presence at the EPF camp. But he did give him an intrigued look as Bishop was making his threat. What do we know about IDW Baxter Stockman? Three things: a) that he won't stand for any power dynamic where he's not the one in charge for too long; b) that he will do anything in considerably resourceful power to upend that power dynamic in his favor; and c) that he's an expert in cybernetic implants, if his Flyborgs are anything to go by. Who do we know has an implant in his head that makes him Bishop's puppet? Oh, that's right...

Stockman might just be instrumental in freeing Slash from the EPF's control. I mean, let's face it, the power of love and friendship just isn't gonna cut it in this case. It'll take much more than that. And that would afford him quite the leeway with the Mutanimals if/when he and Hob ever meet again. We all know Stockman is going to stab Bishop in the back the first chance he gets. That's what he does. It's just a matter of when, and how much he can profit from it. Having to reveal the location of the Utroms under threat is a slight he won't soon forget, and it's gonna cost Bishop. Dearly.
I had that same thought!