View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I always wanted to play PSO but didn't have a Dreamcast and when it launched on the Gamecube the online adapter's fate of it never being used in other games had been cemented so I skipped it.

Yes, people play PSO still to this day in private servers, I haven't kept up but I know there is like a PSO sequel that's new, but I don't see people talk about that one and instead they talk about the original. I'd love to finally play PSO but it seems like my best bet is playing the original in the private servers
The Dreamcast is that console that could have been a success story if only Sega hadn't messed up a lot in the mid-late 90s with the later years of the Mega Drive(Mega CD and 32x lol) and the Sega Saturn. The DC has a lot of classic games I haven't been able to play to this day. I've personally always wanted to play Crazy Taxi, for some reason. But I'm not sure if it would hold up well today. Sonic Adventure seemed like a very cool game back in the day as well, but heard it's aged poorly and is full of bugs. But some people to this day still love the game, so who knows.

It's kinda funny how Sega was the strongest and most popular video game company in Europe up until the PS1 and nowadays it's just another company among many others. I suppose Sonic still sells a lot, though, even despite all the not so well received games it has had this century. And Football manager(huge game here in Europe) is by Sega and Sports Interactive, so I guess they do have a way to survive.

We live in decade that is a sucker for 80s and 90s nostalgia. Sega seems to have finally realised this and have made some of their classic games available for mobile for free(with ads). They also have released a couple of Mega Drive clones/mini consoles as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote