View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #42
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
So, there are some standalone books that aren't part of the actual Usagi chronology. For instance, there is a book that collects all of the TMNT/Usagi crossovers. And the Legends Saga collects other stories that weren't part of the main narrative, including Space Usagi. But otherwise, if you start with Saga 1 you'll get all of the Usagi stuff published by Dark Horse comics, which has been Usagi's home for most of its run.

The only hiccup might be with the stuff than released before Dark Horse took over, since Usagi started out on Fantagraphic Books, and then continued with Mirage for a short time. It's possible that those stories have been packaged as part of the Saga collection, but I'm not sure--since I already had them when I really dove into Usagi a few years ago, I didn't buy them again (if they were re-released, that is).

EDIT: Yes, those original stories have been collected and republished: https://smile.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojim...+fantagraphics
would you recommend this in the link over the other saga set you mentioned if I wanna dive into the majority? it would be cheaper overall I do believe