View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #129
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
FYI - found out yesterday that someone in our TMNT comic book community registered two Kickstarter accounts in order to acquire 2 copies of the TMNT #73 hand-colored (which I had limited to one per person since there were only 50). It's too late now to stop this since I've mailed them out but keep a lookout for one (or both) being resold. Could be they just wanted to keep both books but doesn't matter really...they weren't supposed to have two copies of the hand-colored. The books are #18 of 50 and #29 of 50 and both are CGC graded with custom Lawson sketches on back. Links to images of both books below.

Unfortunately, with so many backers and books I didn't even notice the names were the same (mailing addresses different) and I (stupidly) hadn't thought about the possibility of someone registering two KS accounts. I only found out because this person contacted me twice (on separate days) asking for a tracking number for their book. This time I noticed the same names for the separate backer numbers. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know and to also apologize for this oversight on my part. I was very strict with my policy of one hand-colored copy per person and I don't want anyone to think this was a purposeful act. I'm pretty upset about not catching this before I mailed them out.
We can’t possibly blame you for someone else’s sneaky actions. The fact that you came out and told us about this when you didn’t have to speaks volumes. You did an incredible job with this project and for someone to take advantage of that is in poor form on their part. If the person who got 2 copies is a scalper I hope they lose money on the sale.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote