View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #85
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I meant that the show itself was that, not the situation. Even when the show got serious (well, the earlier seasons), there was always an undercurrent of cheesiness to it.
The show was aimed at kids so I feel a bit of cheesiness is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
Seriously? I never said it was non-canon.

It is canon... but it can't be grouped in with the live action movies... because it i s n ' t a
While the 2007 is canon I've never considered it part of the original movies as so much as acting as a reboot of them. To me the 2007 film takes place in a different canon. Apart from the bit at the end where it shows trophies from the previous three movies the 2007 movie never sold me on it being a fourth movie. I mean from memory it includes the Purple Dragon gang at one point to satisfy the 4Kids generation. Clearly it's not part of that universe but it does try to lean that way. For the 2007 movie to feel as though it was the fourth movie it needed to convince me more it was a sequel and not just a reboot because apart from a throwaway scene at the end nothing about it screams sequel. The film itself is called 'TMNT' which means it's the first in a new series.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote