View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #145
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Plus it's like the basis for every 2D Castlevania game beginning with Symphony. It's the granddaddy.
Wow, I never made that connection before but now that you said that it makes so much sense. I remember when I beat Castlevania 2 - it was almost on accident - I think you had to have an eyeball or something equipped just to have access to Dracula's tomb. I stumbled through most of the game and later found out that there were multiple endings. I think my ending had a gravestone, but IIRC there was a better one with someone standing next to it. I never went back to try it again.

I still love Symphony of the Night. I've also noticed that Lament of Innocence doesn't get any love, which is crazy because the game is basically SOTN with Metal Gear Solid camera angles and pretty decent graphics. I also remember the LOI cut scenes were pretty great, although I'm sure I'd have different opinions if I loaded it up today. It was Curse of Darkness that I couldn't get into at all. Loved Lament of Innocence though.

And then Lords of Shadow came out for the PS3 and that was an absolute masterpiece from the very first level where the raindrops hit the interior of your T.V. screen. I bought the sequel, and played it one time for 20 minutes and never loaded it up again - I can't even explain why, but I had no interest in it even though I loved the first. It'd be great to have some play time with Lords of Shadow again, even if only to complete an easy mode speed run.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-17-2020 at 10:02 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote