View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #50
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I guess anything's possible, but again, investment vs. reward. Do enough "old school" fans really care enough about those games to make a compilation profitable, with or without remastering? I'unno, I'm not convinced. They haven't made any of the newer games profitable, even with the help of the younger crowd the new games are ostensibly marketed to. This seems like one of those cases where TMNT really isn't as popular as TMNT fans think it is. I'm fairly sure the last time a TMNT game actually turned a profit was at least 25 years ago.
I dunno. Ubisoft were so pleased with the sales of the 2007 movie tie-in game that they said they wanted to make a followup regardless of whether there was a sequel to the movie. I'm guessing that morphed into Smash Up were a commercial rut started to set in.

I would guess the Konami games that were released during the 2000s were popular enough since they cranked out four of 'em. Observation bias but I noticed a fair amount of kids in the wild playing the GBA releases back in the day.

I think the market is very different now for these kind of releases. Kinda why I think TMNT needs to let go of trying to emulate the arcade style beat 'em up formula, kids don't seem to be all that interested in it and most older folk who want a retro TMNT-game experience want it based on the version of the turtles they know not the Nicktoon or a nebulous sorta based on everything version.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote