View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Such harsh comments about this movie! To their credit, PD addressed several big issues they ran into with the first one
Like how to make an even crappier movie? They succeeded.

Quote:
...only no one went to the theater to find out. Good way to kill this particular franchise, but a risky move for those who want a rebooted TMNT movie in the future. If the property isn't viewed as profitable...
It didn't bomb so hard that it's radioactive. It bombed so hard that this iteration will never be revisited.

Quote:
What is your issue with Shredder in this one? It's been a while since I saw 2014, but didn't he survive that movie?
He fell off a building and it's never really said. Who cares, though? His dignity (or the film's) didn't.

Quote:
I'd say SotO slightly edges out OotS, simply for nostalgia.
Why is that a get-out-of-jail-free card?

Quote:
Of course, take what I say with a grain. This site tends to hate the 2007 TMNT movie and I thought it was great.
Very little to like in it beyond the family stuff and the Raphael vs. Leonardo stuff. Felt like a bad Playstation 1 FMV come to life.

Quote:
It was like a Tales of the TMNT storyarc popped off the pages and onto the screen. And FINALLY we didn't have to fall back on Shredder as the main villain. So refreshing!
Though it did trade hard on "Shredder is coming back! In the next one! Just hang on!!!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote