View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #46
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Believe it or not, there is a whole underworld of people trading film scores back and forth between each other. Not the official soundtracks that you can buy, but the full files used by audio mixers/editors. These are highly sought-after by film music fans because OSTs often leave out a lot of good material, or will sometimes go so far as to present material completely different to what's in the film (anyone who wants the film version to ASM2's "Rest of My Life" knows what I'm talking about!)

It is indeed a shady business, and not just because it's kinda illegal. I have heard of people getting tricked, scammed, receiving fake files, and even being threatened for having certain things.

And I've heard from a couple people now who are 'in the know' that these two scores are being passed around. Coincidence?

The weird thing is that it's surprising for scores this old to suddenly pop up. Most stuff being traded are from rather recent films, since everything's digital now. But I think sgtfbomb is on to something; what's probably happened is that some record label is preparing to release these at some point and someone working on the mastering or something leaked them. And I bet the OP is a rather enterprising individual who received the files and is trying to get a few quick bucks for them.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote