View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #7278
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yesterday it was Dinner for One (black and white version) which is a Yule tradition in Norway to be shown on Little Yule Eve.

Today it's Tři oříšky pro Popelku (Three nuts for Cinderella) a Czech/German movie based off Božena Němcová version of the fairytale. In Norway it got a dubbing that's over the original sound with one guy telling it as a storybook story.

This movie is so beautiful and classic, and Cinderella is portrayed as a clever and proactive protagonist. It's not Yule until I hear the music from that movie

Hopefully I'll get to see Reisen til Julestjerna (Journey to the Christmas Star) which is a old Norwegian Holliday movie, it was also remade back in 2012 and both movies are fun (but very different) to watch. I do prefer the original due to one of my favorite actors being in it as the court jester, a role that was left out of the remake.

But it's about a princess that goes out to find the Yulestar and disappears. The queen follows and the king curses the star so it vanishes for years until a young woman named Sonja appears.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote