View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #28
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I mean, technically yes, they do gain a few characters and what not. But Power Rangers is still little more than an extension of Sentai. Every single season produced is just this bizarre dub-remake hybrid abomination, rather than something made from the ground up.

To be honest, I think the only reason it has 25 seasons is precisely because of how cheap this glorified dubbing probably is.
First of all, as someone who has seen all the seasons of Sentai and power rangers going back to Zyu/mighty morphing... no. Super Sentai is not some high work of Japanese art that saban butchered. Super Sentai is a toy-driven kiddy show, that sometimes can get goofier than power rangers ever does. Yes, some seasons of Sentai are superior to PR, but some seasons are terrible, with far supeior power rangers counterparts, both shows are a mixed bag.Toei sees Super Sentai as a kiddie show- their big boy show that gets all the attention/makes all the money is kamen rider. And PR survived because it has remained a consistent stream of revenue for over two decades.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote