View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Believe me...Companies know...

How about an actual data instead of personal convictions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
That's what I want in every situation. But I also want to know how this data was gathered.
It's not like it's just a random personal opinion full of feelings but an educated observation, obviously I'd need to work for a specific toy company to know the exact problems.

However, I've seen numbers from supermarkets plenty of times to know how products work/sell, I don't have them with me and if I did I wouldn't be leak them on the internet to have e-cred on a small forum. I've worked in logistics/supply chain management, made sales and econometric models and pretty much have to analyze data every day and look at trends, not to mention I get to talk to people from different companies/industries and find out about them. If you think your gut feeling has a better idea of what would sell then by all means believe it.

Information is gathered through various means, it depends on the industry, if you're really interested any entry level job in most companies will give you the chance to find out how the majority of the operations work. Faulty decisions are made all the time but any multinational company gathers as much data as possible before making decisions. Sales/demographics/surveys/past figures/models are the most obvious ones but you'll see some weird ones as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
...seriously? If you're already buying children's toys as an adult, it shouldn't matter at this point.
It's not like people will know if you're a nerd who collects figures or just buying a gift for someone, well I guess if you come in with your cartoon/gaming t-shirts they'll know but in that case you're already comfortable with people knowing you're a dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Didn't know DC Superhero Girls action figures was failing, I've read only praise about them.

I guess that's bad news for Playmates new Mysticons line, which seems to emulate DCSG only high-fantasy instead of superheroes
I don't follow the toy industry but I just know of one major store that wasn't going to order more and haven't seen them around elsewhere which is not good news.

Did mattel show off new waves at toyfair this past february? That would be a good indicator of how well its doing, I know at the licensing show DC is pushing the brand so at least the dolls or merchandise is selling fine. If another company is copying an idea that normally indicates it is a good one unless they're just late to the party which in Playmates case it might be

Last edited by sdp; 10-22-2017 at 04:03 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote