View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yes, even back in school/College and at any new job I've ever had, in the first few weeks when I'm new I always get asked 3 things:

1. How old am I. I look like I'm in my early 20's, people are shocked when they hear how old I am. For some reason people think I'm fresh out of College or something. It's probably because I'm also rather short.

2. What nationality am I? If I say, "white" they say, "What else?" I say, "American" and they still say, "Where are you from then?"

WTF. Can't anyone just be American these days? It probably doesn't help that most of my co-workers usually *aren't* white, so they're probably curious when they see a white guy in a job what they are.
last week one of my female classmates was surprised when I told her i was 26. She said she thought I was 21 at best.

I haven't travelled to a foreign country in over a decade but usually people just asked where I was from(in case they did, that is). For some reason this time I went to Tunisia the guy who ran the hotel souvenir store asked me and my family if we were Bulgarian, and then asked us if we were form a former Yugoslavian country.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote