View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #99
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
I also disagree with most of that list. Batman Returns better than Batman 1989? Mad Max Fury Road better than Mad Max 1978?? Aliens Better than Alien??? No way in hell!!!
Quote:
Batman Returns better than Batman 1989? Mad Max Fury Road better than Mad Max 1978?? Aliens Better than Alien??? No way in hell!!!
Batman Returns is better than Batman 1989, and Mad Max: Fury Road is heaps better than Mad Max 1978. C'mon, the only thing of note that happens in Mad Max 1978 is his family dying, and The Road Warrior tells you that right at the start. The rest of the movie is a snoozefest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Why would they? They never grew up with other versions of the Turtles. Anyway I'm proud to like the Fred Wolf series. I see nothing wrong with it.
Because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Nick cartoon and IDW comic have been very popular, there's got to be people who know about them. The IDW comic averages 16,000-20,000 sales per issue, then there's the trades.

The Nick cartoon had 1-3 million viewers per most episodes.
...this is why.

Oh and Cubed, people who read the comics are obviously going to know about the different versions of TMNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Maybe not in the UK, but definitely here stateside. There's Nick TMNT merch in literally every store you could possibly think of, & it's been that way for 4 years now. & I don't mean just toys, I mean all kinds of stuff. Pillows & blankets, clothes, party supplies, home decor, office supplies, virtually anything you can think of, & it's sprinkled all throughout these places, you can't miss it.
I envy those places. The only thing related to the 2K3 series I've ever seen for sale in recent years is the "rare" UK/AU DVD of Turtles Forever. Everything else is FW & Nick.
I'd love to know where "these places" are, because they'd be getting a lot of my money.

I've even met people who think every version of TMNT are the same thing.

Quote:
People today think of the TMNT as a kid's franshise. and to most (not to me), the Fred Wolf cartoon is the definitive incarnation. Worse than that, the casual public thinks the TMNT are composed of four Michelangelos, Very annoying...
This is very true and it irks me so.

Thank goodness places like The Technodrome forums exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I bet there a lot more than you think who are aware of TMNT outside the 80s cartoon. A lot of people who grew up watching it as a kid now have kids who watch the new show.

There is also a generation that grew up with the 2000s cartoon and many of those people have kids who might possibly watch the Nick show.

Plus, the earlier generation grew up with the 90s movies and I am sure many of the latter watched those movies, as well, not to mention the 2007 film and the PD films.
I sincerely hope you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I bet the "Average Person" nowadays beyond us old fogeys isn't even aware of that version. But now they're being constantly reminded of it and reinforced time and again that "That's the TMNT." By the nostalgiacs.
*Shudders*

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 02-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote