View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #206
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I can't totally put my finger on it, but this episode felt kind of "off" to me. Certainly Leo's voice along with Baxter simply buzzing around and not talking didn't help matters, but the whole thing just felt a tad tonally wrong IMO. For a "main arc" type of episode, it was almost too goofy or something. I generally expect a lighter tone for stuff that's blatantly filler or even many of the Kraang-centric stories (which themselves always border on filler at times), but nothing up until now involving Shredder and the Foot has felt as silly as parts of this one did. To me, anyway. Zeck is just a goofball with all his Michael Jackson "hee-hoo'ing" and his working relationship with Steranko felt like something out of a sitcom. I guess that may be an ideal beginning for this Bebop and Rocksteady though, I dunno. Still, I'm having a hard time for some reason really buying that these two are going to become Bebop and Rocksteady, despite it already being an obvious fact.

Definitely not my favorite episode though. While I didn't hate it or anything, I was just somewhat underwhelmed. And as some others have mentioned, the conclusion was way too awkward and rushed. The rest of it just felt kind of all over the place. Tiger Claw and Bradford becoming commiserating disgruntled "buds" was probably the highlight for me. Loved that. I'd rank the rest alongside Mazes and Mutants as far as how much I was disappointed though. Shame too, as the previous episode was easily one of the absolute finest half hours of the new series to date. The Wrath of Tiger Claw was just so insanely good.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote