View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #23
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
No... don't go Ghostbustering my Turtles.

Realistically speaking... I'd rather a big alien turtle-like baddie who happens to be a girl and working for Krang. Like a big ass-kicking female Slash** of sorts, who easily gives our boys a run for their money. Go all out with the gnarly-looking alien turtle thing as far as design goes... not a Hollywood pinup design. Enough so that one of our Turtles by default says "he," and this alien pauses and glares at him saying, "Who you calling he?"

And leave any gender signifiers at just that (alongside a good voice, but use a woman with a deeper, strong tone, sort of like a female Nick Slash and suggests "evil alien" well enough) - NO alien/reptile boobs, etc.

**Inspired by Slash only, not just some genderbent version.

I kinda went to see this now. The writers need to look at fan ideas to pull bits if ideas from... they'd get better stories.
Your pitch reminds me of a recent Image Comics reboot of a 90s cheesecake character called Glory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote