Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 05:51 AM   #21
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Well, I'm also black. One significant experience of discrimination might have been when I was pulled over eight years ago for having a non-functioning brake light. The cop wasn't wrong to do that, but after he told me his reason for stopping me, he also asked me where I was going. I'm told that that's what the cops do nowadays, but the he also goes "all right, give me something". I was under the impression that he thought I might have had something I shouldn't have, such as a weapon, or any drugs. Some thing he was trying to trick me into bribing him. Then some time after making all that fuss, he told me that they're looking for someone who has a car that matches the description of the one I was driving. Of course, that's a classic line that cops use to cover their asses.

Long before that, I was also leaving a store that I had been in for a while, and two cops stopped me to check to see if I might have stolen anything. I was also followed around in a Waldenbooks store, and the guy made it so obvious. I regret not confronting him about that. I wouldn't have even gotten aggressive with him, but I'd have just told him that he should at least offer me help if he's going to follow me around the way he did. That's why as a minority, I get a little uneasy when I'm in a store and I get asked if I need any help.

I'm also male, and I might have also experienced discrimination in schools when I was younger, from female teachers. The seemed to treat the boys as though our successes would always be insignificant since we weren't girls.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote