Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 12:38 AM   #61
Mad Scientist
TurtleWA's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,443
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Who is the most recommended type of therapist for someone who is not sure what if it's wrong with them to see first? A psychologist or a psychiatrist?
From what Iíve heard psychiatrists are more like medical doctors, they can prescribe meds. And could spend much of the time with patients on medication management. Psychologists focus extensively on psychotherapy and treating emotional/mental suffering in clients. But not all quality therapist are Clinical Psychologists or Psychiatrists. Some are Licensed Mental Health Counselors and/or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Depends or location I think. Then there are those that specialize in addiction and are called CDP, Chemical Dependency Professional.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote